Graduate Course in Education
Graduate Course in Education is a division where advanced technical knowledge and practical wisdom for an education professional can be acquired. The course has five features as follows:
- We aim to develop teaching professionals suitable for 21st-century-type schools in the age of globalization. Cutting-edge knowledge and wisdom covering Pedagogical Study, Subject Education, Education through Volunteering, and Citizenship Education can be cultured.
- In accordance with each purpose, Pedagogical Basics Course, Practical Study Course, or Innovative Education Course can be selected.
- Because the core of professional education is to integrate theory with practice, each course focuses on case studies. Professional competence of reflection and judgment can be enhanced.
- Expertise focusing on high modernity regarding such education as education through volunteering and education of citizenship can be learned.
- Location is very convenient as you can reach us in 30 seconds from Mejiro Station. Therefore, teachers living in the Tokyo Metropolitan area can enter our university and take a course while working. We have many classes in the 5th (starting at 16:20) and 6th (starting at 18:00) periods as well as a lot of intensive seminars.
This Graduate has three semi-courses as follows and provides purpose-by-purpose education. Borders between semi-courses are, however, not strict and you can easily take other courses beyond them.
◆ Pedagogical Basics Course
This course focuses on professional study of education. It provides cutting-edge knowledge on education and develops teachers equipped with advanced knowledge (Master Course, Doctoral Course) and researchers engaged in teacher education (Master Course).
◆ Practical Study Course
This course focuses on lesson studies and education study of each subject. It develops teachers promoting 21st-century-type lessons and learning with advanced expertise (Master Course, Doctoral Course) and researchers engaged in teacher education (Doctoral Course).
◆ Innovative Education Course
This course focuses on contemporary tasks such as education of citizenship, education through volunteering, and environmental education, etc. It develops teachers with advanced expertise (Master Course, Doctoral Course) and researchers engaged in teacher education (Doctoral Course).
In order to achieve these goals, we realize high quality graduate school education with adjunct professors who are active in the front lines of each field in addition to full-time professors.